Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Love Knows No Boundaries

After staying single, for the past 2 years or so,  I started online dating again sometime in February 2017.

I almost gave up hope,  when all I came across online with,  are either attached guys who are just bored, immature guys who just wants to see your body on Skype( nothing much to see in my case 😀😂😀) and lots and lots of scammers!

Until, came April, I received a message from a member named Bob.  His first message was; " I am out of your preferred age range,  but I can't resist sending you a message because of your beautiful smile. Would you still care to chat? "

I look at his profile and read the description he has written. Took me days to answer back,  not because he is out of my preferred age range,  but because I felt like he is someone who takes you seriously,  and I wanted to be sure that I can do the same for him.  It's like I don't want to invest my time ( and feelings)  with someone again,  then realize I just wasted it in the end.

So when I started to reply to his messages,  we started exchanging emails,  and moved to Skype.  After few months,  he decided it was time for the first visit! How exciting!

Below is a video of our first 3 weeks together (Update: IDK why the first photo was upside down.  Tried everything to fix it but won't work.  😂😂😂)



Three weeks is not really enough. But I can sincerely say that,  those were the best days of my life. We got along well,  he never fails to show me he cares.  He always looks at me as if I am the needest thing since slice bread.  Hahaha.

Whenever we are together, we always come across people who still tend to judge when they see us together. I know most of the time,  they are thinking about our huge age difference.  Or maybe,  they are thinking,  is it just about the money?  Or the Green Card? And I can tell them straight to their faces that it is pure love. Love that was developed across the miles,  which we are planning to close the distance soonest. Sometimes,  it is really hard to believe that someone is happy and inlove because of the reasons only the two people involve understands and feels. I wish people can just be happy when they see someone happy. But,  one thing I learned from Bob though, is to not care too much what other people would think or say.  What we should care about is just each other, afterall,  it is our relationship,  and our lives.

I felt very lonely when he came back to the US, but I know that we will meet each other again,  very soon!

Being in a LDR is not easy.  It takes courage and strength. But if your other half keeps on showing you everyday they care, and love you,  nothing else matters.  As Bob would always tell me,  we are both worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment