Sunday, September 30, 2018

K1 Visa Process: Medical Examination at St. Lukes Extension Clinic-Manila

So, the status of our case was updated to "Ready" June 28, 2018, so I decided to do my medical examination by July 5 & 6.

For some people, they wanted to wait for the physical copy of their letter from NVC and/ eligibility letter from the US Embassy before proceeding to anything, but most people in the Facebook group that I belong to, with people processing K1 visa, they said as soon as the status gets "ready" you can already start with your medical examination.

Before proceeding to St.  Lukes,  I pre-registered online first.  Remember,  medical examination is still a first come,  first serve basis.  Pre-registration is for you to save time filling out the form when you get there.

St.  Luke's Extension Clinic's website is http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Their physical address is at: 1177 J.  Bacobo St.  Ermita Manila.


Effective October 1, 2017, St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLEC), the Embassy's accredited panel physician, will begin charging a new medical examination fee:

17,025.00 PHP for adult immigrant visa applicants ages 15 and above
and
9,583.00 PHP for children ages 14 and below.

The requirements I brought with me are:


  1. Filled out registration form
  2. Payment- they only accept cash payment
  3. 4 pcs.  of 2x2 picture. Write your full name at the back
  4. Passport
  5. Photocopy of passport biopage
  6. Ballpen
  7. Screenshot of NVC status "ready"- in my case,  since I haven't received my NVC letter and eligibility letter yet,  I printed out the ready status,  because of this,  they made me sign a waiver that says I am willing to proceed with my medical exam without the NVC letter,  and that I am sure that my NVC number was correct.  If you will do the same,  make sure your NVC number is indeed correct.
So,  my chosen date to do my medical exam is July 5 & 6. That is Thursday and Friday.  Since I lived in Antipolo,  Rizal,  and I don't want to hassle or stress myself out from the long commute,  I decided to just book a room to a nearby hotel,  and checked in From July 4-5. I booked at Hotel Soriente where it is 2000 peso+ per night (couldn't remember the exact amount)  Hotel Soriente is literally few steps away from SLEC. 

Morning of July 5, left the hotel few mins.  before 6am.  When I got there,  only few people outside were in line.  Mostly were already inside.  

You will hand all your requirements to the guard on duty,  he will check them,  and give you a number.  You will then wait at the reception. When your number is called,  go to the corresponding window that called your number. 

The lady who got my requirements asked me if I don't have the NVC letter or eligibility letter yet.  I said I don't have any of them yet.  She asked if I am sure that the NVC number printed on my screenshot is really ours,  and is correct,  so I said yes.  I was confident about it because when I called NVC,  I repeated it to the guy I talked to.  Anyway,  she asked me to sign a waiver, took a photo of me and finger scanning.  Then after that,  she asked me to proceed at the cashier to pay.

After paying,  the personnel at the cashier will ask you to go somewhere to begin the medical exam.  Well,  I said "somewhere" because it will be different for each person,  as they try to distribute the people on each section/ floors equally so that it won't be crowded.

I can no longer remember the sequence of the medical exam on which comes first.  The only tip I can give you is always listen.  Listen where they will ask you to go,  and listen for your name to be called.

When you reach the x-ray test,  remember to breathe deeply before releasing.  This is one of the things I feared ( aside from all the needles)  because they said that sometimes,  even though you don't have a history of TB or any ailments which involve the lungs,  if they see even a small spot,  they will let you undergo a sputum exam,  which will delay your visa process because you need to wait for 2 months for the process to be done.

Other tests are physical test ( urine and blood sample),  immunization interview, etc.

I finished the exam on the first day at around 11 am.  The lady at the reception then told me to go back the following day at 9am "for immunization" usually,  they won't say this.  They will just ask you to go back for the result (either immunization or for sputum)  that's why when I heard her say for immunization,  natuwa ako ng bonga.  Hahaha.

I went back at 7:45 the following day.  Excited lang.  Haha.  Eventhough 9 am pa ang sinabi sa akin,  they will still entertain you.  So I advise you to just do the same to finish early.  So I showed my receipt sa guard,  then tinatakan nya ng for immunization.  So I proceed to the 2nd floor,  gave my receipt sa reception dun,  and waited for my name to be called.

The person who will give the immunization called our name by batch.  I received 4 freakin shot.  (Flu, mumps, chicken pox and anti TB) Pero I keep on telling myself,  4 injections are still better than sputum.

After ng immunization, proceed ka na sa 1st floor to wait for the result. When they give you the result, they will explain to you alin any dadalhin sa interview, at alin any dadalhin dito sa US. After nun, I went back to the hotel, with a big smile on my face, and a grateful heart to the Lord.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A125864029假警察:把董致平的門牙一而再再而三地用右手握緊拳頭捶掉或揍斷。

Post a Comment